Monday, September 26, 2011

Assignment: Apple with Layers

Assignment: 10x10in, must have 3 Layers, Only an apple.

It took me a rather long time working on this to get it here. I'm rather proud of it for my level of ability but I could easily work on this for another 20 hours. Still, I hope you enjoy.

I got the concept from a friend who was in another art class doing a sculpture. That said I believe I was able to take the concept and make it mine. I wanted the effect to be a bit subtle, but I don't think the .jpg compression has done me any favors. Still we'll see how noticeable it is considering I've been staring at it for 4 hours now. Now just to find me a Jewish Princess with a midget entourage to offer it too.

Version 1:



Critque: So far it looks like my style was successful, but we didn't like the skull. So I'll make it even more subtle and work a bit with my colors.

Version 2 (Final):

In hindsight, I realized after getting rid of 90% more of the skull that I lost a lot of valuable texture, so I had to go back in and re-add a few parts where the skull was to maintain the appearance of texture but still keep things looking more like an apple.  I also lightened my reflected flare a bit and added a bit more color into the left side. This is the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment