Monday, September 26, 2011

Assignment: Copy a Master - Vitruvian Man

Homework: Copy a master artist in photoshop using homemade pencil tools, and notify professor at byui.

So I chose da Vinci's Vitruvian Man to do for my first assignment and OH MY GOOD GOSH, I LOVE drawings things digitally!! I enjoyed this so much, I'm tempted to do some of da Vinci's other sketches. It still took me a few hours to produce, especially since I tried to copy many of da Vinci's orginal pencil strokes. We'll see how this develops if I choose to do more of them.

Anyrate it's below, enjoy!

Original


Version 1



Critque: I'm lacking color. I could do a lot with the actual color of the strokes which were done in a brownish type of Ink.


Updated Version: I did this for my critque. I was quite proud of it. I was asked to add color and make it feel more 'inky'. I did QUITE a bit to this to achieve an ink look. I first took the layer and created a color overlay on my first layer, and made it a dark brown. This made all my marks brownish, but then they became rather too light. So I took the old image and added it to another layer creating a second dual drawing to darken the brownish look. I then added two other layers which I toned down their opaque level in the main layer options. One layer I made a red/brown, the other a yellowish to give it an aged inked effect with the opaqueness. This is the end result. I'm happy with some of the yellow strokes so I might go back and see if I can soften them so they don't look so apparent.













No comments:

Post a Comment