Sunday, October 9, 2011

Illustration Assignment: Judging a book by it's cover: DUNE

I'm working on an assignment for my intro to illustration class. While these are in no way finished pieces I thought I'd share my progress and hear back which one is your favorite.

These are supposed to be book covers for Frank Herbert's DUNE.

I'll probably update these as I move along.

Speaking of which, I COULD really use some help on the first image, the facial expression has been bugging me and I'm not sure which to do. Here are three other possibilities for it:



So a few polls:

Which image would attract your attention to buy a book based on it's cover:

1. Guy kneeling in the sand
2. Sand pouring out of skull
3. Foot prints in the sand.

and which Guy in sand do you like best?

1. Screaming guy
2. Angry guy
3. Calm composed guy

3 comments:

  1. Guy kneeling in sand number one. - JJ Waite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sand pouring out of the skull personally. But if you did the guy I pick number one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't do the guy screaming. My least favorite of them all!

    ReplyDelete